Named after Saint Monica, mother of Saint Augustine, our parish is comprised of over 1100 households.
The parish complex consists of the church, rectory, school, and ministry center/convent. In 1923, in an area surrounded by farm fields, Archbishop Sebastian G. Messmer founded Saint Monica Parish, appointing Reverend Peter Dietz as the first pastor.
The first Mass was celebrated in the Whitefish Bay Village Hall on Christmas Day, 1923. On the Feast of Corpus Christi, 1924, the young congregation celebrated the installation of the Blessed Sacrament into their small chapel, a worship space that parishioners had converted from an old barn. The basement of the first school building became the site for worship in 1928 and continued there until May 7, 1939, when Mass was first celebrated in the basement of the present church. The Saint Monica congregation began using the current worship space in 1955.
The first pastor, Father Dietz, died in 1947 and was succeeded by Monsignor John Barry, who served through the fiftieth anniversary of Saint Monica Parish. Monsignor John Donovan served the parish from 1974-1993. Reverend Robert W. Schneider served the parish from 1993-1994. Reverend Alan Jurkus served the parish from November 8, 1994 to June 19, 2007.