Youth Ministry Hub
5681 N Santa Monica Blvd., Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
~ Mail slot on door can be used for after hours drop offs ~
Meaghan Turner, Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministry
(414) 964-8780 x 124 email@example.com
Abby Zastrow, Associate Director of Youth Ministry firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Feldmann, Youth Ministry Administrative Assistant email@example.com
Mission: To provide every high school student in our parishes the opportunity to encounter a personal relationship with our Lord, commit to that relationship with Him and live as His disciple.
Summer 2016 ReCap| ASP | MissionMKE
It is an exciting time to be part of the young Church!
High School Formation
Teen Nights are on Monday evenings, 7:00-8:30pm October - April at St Eugene Congregation in Mackin Hall (7600 N Port Washington Rd. Park in the west parking lot off of Port Washington, enter through the Church entrance then downstairs)
Teen Nights are for all high school students and include large group community time with prayer, worship and engaging speakers followed by intentional small groups. Small groups provide an opportunity for teens to build community with their peers with a focus on experiencing the active word of God, discovering the richness of the Catholic faith, and our call to live as disciples (living Saints).
YM Confirmation : Teens in 11th grade begin Sacrament preparation in October to be Confirmed in the spring. The purpose of this year is to prep teens for their own “vow,” of sorts. During the year, teens are asking questions, struggling through those questions, being given avenues to answer those questions, and hopefully, discovering what it really means to be a confirmed CATHOLIC.
What is Confirmation? Confirmation increases and deepens all of the graces granted at Baptism. The Catechism of the Catholic Church lists five effects of Confirmation:
- it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation [as sons of God] which makes us cry, "Abba! Father!";
- it unites us more firmly to Christ;
- it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us;
- it renders our bond with the Church more perfect;
- it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross.
to register for teen nights or confirmation please email Laura Feldmannlfeldmann@stme.church